BY CHECKING “I AGREE,” YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND agreeing to be bound by the following: 1) Informed Consent; 2) RSC Health’s terms and conditions; and 3) HIPPA notice of privacy practices. Copies are available on our website(s) RSCHealth.com, and RapidSTDtesting.com. If you do not check “I AGREE, “ then we can’t offer or provide any of our RSC Health services to you.
Effective Date: 01/01/2021 I, as the individual (or his or her legal representative) receiving services, agree to receive the services provided by RSC Health, PA, hereinafter referred to as (“we” “us” or “RSC Health”) or its business services provider LCDC LLC. I agree that the services may include health care provider education sessions, physician consultations via telemedicine (“Consults”), any customer support or counseling, and any other related services provided by RSC Health via telemedicine such as ordering laboratory tests (“Tests”), including, without limitation, physician oversight, for the ordering of Tests, the results of the Tests, the (“Results”)and any other related services provided by RSC Health directly or through its business services provider, LCDC LLC, (the “Services”)
I acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I have read, understood, and had the opportunity to ask questions about the information provided about RSC Health’s Services.
- By signing up for testing, you agree to receive text messages (e.g. payment reminders, testing location information, and updates to your account if needed) from RSC Health, or RapidSTDTesting at the cell number used when signing up. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Reply HELP for help and STOP to cancel. Msg frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply.
- My medical history is correct to the best of my knowledge. I will not hold RSC Health, its business associates, its business services provider, or its physicians, nurse practitioners, or employees responsible for any errors or omissions that I may have made in providing such information.
- (“Health Care Providers”) means RSC Health, its physicians, nurse practitioners, and employees.
- I authorize RSC Health and its affiliates, and third-party business services provider LCDC LLC, the owner and operator of RapidSTDtesting.com, RSChealth.com and MedProMedicaltesting.com (“RSC Health’s Care Coordination Team”), business associates, professional corporations, Health Care Providers, staff, and agents to view and use my health information, including any Test Results in furtherance of its healthcare operations.
- Only RSC Health physicians diagnose conditions, disease, or illness.
- If I receive an abnormal Result on a Test I understand that a member of RSC Health’s Care Coordination Team will attempt to call me to review the Results, offer education and explain the next steps I should take. RSC Health’s Care Coordination Team may leave me a voice message at my designated telephone number. I also understand that if I am not able to be reached, RSC Health’s Care Coordination Team will mail a follow-up letter to my designated address (the letter will not include my Test Results). If I receive an abnormal Result and have not connected with RSC Health’s Care Coordination Team, I understand that I should not delay following up with my personal physician.
- I understand that after receiving my Results for an STD Test, including HIV, I will have the opportunity for a telemedicine Consult. I understand that after receiving my Results for non-STD Tests, I will have the opportunity for either an education session with a member of RSC Health’s Care Coordination Team, a Health Care Provider, or a telemedicine Consult with a RSC Health physician, as appropriate under applicable law. If my Results show that I have Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Herpes Simplex 2, or Trichomoniasis (the “Treatment Conditions”), the physician may be able to prescribe medication during the Consult, if appropriate. I understand that if my Results show that I have one of the Treatment Conditions, it is important to schedule a Consult as soon as possible or obtain other treatment.
- I certify that throughout the duration of my Consult I will be physically present in the state of residence I provided or other state of which I have notified RSC Health.
- RSC Health’s Health Care Providers are responsible for sharing information regarding any Consults and forwarding any Results to my primary care or other personal physician within 72 hours after providing such Consults or receiving such Results. I am responsible for initiating follow-up care with my physician. I will let RSC Health’s Care Coordination Team know of my desire to have my information forwarded to my primary care or other personal physician, and I will fill out the required release form.
- I will not make medical decisions without consulting a healthcare provider or disregard medical advice from my health care provider or delay seeking such advice based on information I receive as a result of my Consult.
- If I receive an abnormal Result on certain STD Tests, my name and Result will be disclosed to my state health agency in accordance with applicable law.
- If I receive an abnormal result on an STD Test, it is important that I notify my sexual and needle sharing partners and follow up with my personal physician to receive treatment.
- I understand that RSC Health Consults are delivered by physicians who are not in the same physical location as I am, using electronic communications, information technology or other means, including the electronic transmission of personal health information, and that they may not have the opportunity to perform an in-person examination of me. I also understand that a physician will determine whether or not treatment is appropriate for me, based on information I provided.
- For Consults, the scope of Services will be at the sole discretion of the physician treating me, with no guarantee of diagnosis, treatment, or prescription, and the standard of care will be the same as it would be if I were receiving such services in-person. The physician will determine whether or not the condition being diagnosed and/or treated is appropriate for a telemedicine encounter.
- I have the right to withdraw my consent to use telemedicine in the course of my care at any time by contacting RSC Health’s Care Coordination Team by calling 1 (866) 873-0879 or email@example.com.
- Any video feed from the Consult will not be retained or recorded by RSC Health.
- My health and wellness information pertaining to telemedicine services are governed by RSC Health’s Notice of Privacy Practices.
- I may need to see a health care provider in person for diagnosis, treatment and care.
- There are potential risks associated with the use of technology that are beyond RSC Health’s and any health care provider’s control, including disruptions, loss of data, and technical difficulties.
- There are alternative services available to me if I experience medical symptoms that require immediate attention, such as visiting a primary care provider, an emergency room, or an urgent care facility; however, I voluntarily choose to proceed with RSC Health’s Services at this time.
- I have been provided with notice of how I may file a complaint with the Missouri Medical Board relating to the provision of telemedicine services by RSC Health Health Care Providers. I understand that I may contact the Missouri Medical Board electronically by submitting an online complaint form at https://health.mo.gov/safety/healthservregs/complaints.php or print a copy of the complaint form and mail it in, or call the complaint hotline at 1-800-392-0210.
RSC HEALTH'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS Effective Date: 01/01/2021
I understand that if I have any questions before or after my Test, I can contact RSC Health’s Care Coordination Team by calling 1 (866) 873-0879 or firstname.lastname@example.org. I authorize RSC Health to use the email address and phone number I provided in connection with my account and to contact me in connection with my Consult including follow-up after the Consult. I am responsible for contacting RSC Health’s Care Coordination Team by calling 1 (866) 873-0879 or email@example.com to notify them of any changes to my mailing address, email address, phone number, medical history or other information that I provided in connection with the Services. I have read this Informed Consent carefully, and all my questions were answered to my satisfaction. I hereby consent to receive Services from RSC Health pursuant to the terms, conditions, standards, and requirements set forth herein.
So what information do we collect?
When you submit information to the Site, such as your name, address, email addresses, date of birth, health information, health plan, information and credit card number (“Collected Information”, we may collect this identifying information so that we know who you are and it remains in the system. Your health information is collected when we provide you with services via the Site, as well as through telephone consultations. The way we use this health information is outlined in our Notice of Privacy Practices. We also may retain correspondence that transpires between the client and representative, no matter the mode of communication. This information is used to improve the Site so that in the future, we can respond more helpfully to any inquiries made.
How is this information collected?
By using web servers to operate the Site, certain data is collected referring to you and the way you access the Internet and our Site. We may also use Collected Information along with this information, in order to identify you and to confirm who is accessing the site and its integrity. This is used strictly for business purposes and in order to help understand the way people are gaining the Site. We may also be able to find your Internet Protocol (IP) address assigned to your computer while accessing this data. We are also able to see which pages have been accessed by you while on the site, as well as how long you were visiting. All of this information is used for the following reasons – to gather statistical information, gather site traffic and usage patterns for further analysis, and to improve the Site’s content and content delivery to users.
Furthermore, our Site may send “cookies” to your computer in order to analyze storing user preferences and tracking user trends. Your browser should automatically be set up in order to accept cookies, but it is up to you if you would like to receive them or not, and can easily adjust these preferences in your Internet settings. If cookies are disabled, however, you may not be able to access our entire Site.
Since we do not have access or control over these cookies, the details of their use is not covered in the privacy statement. Cookies are used simply to give you a better experience, making it easier for you to access the site, find services in your designated area, and facilitate marketing efforts.
Our Web site also offers you blogs and community forums that are open to the public. Any information that you choose to share with others, may be collected by those who can access it. If you would like us to remove something that you have posted from a blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be done right away. If we can’t remove your personal information, we will alert you and will give you the reason.
How do we use your information?
Other than the uses described above, or in the Terms and Conditions of Use, we may use your information to analyze and improve website content, materials and services that are available. We also use your information to notify you of these changes, evaluate the needs of users and then change our methods based on those needs. We will also use your information in order to send promotional materials that you request, and for other lawful business purposes that are 100% legitimate. When you contact us with a concern, we may use your information or the information about your system in order to make sure that you meet minimum requirements to use the Site and other services, so that you will not run into any problems. We will use this information as long as your account is active, so that you can access our services without any trouble. We also keep you information in order to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our terms of agreement. Collected information can also be stored in the United States, or be transferred to other countries.
Who do we share your information with?
Your information may be shared with our authorized agents so that services can be provided to you, and for any other lawful business occurrences. If a part, or all of RSC is sold, merged or transferred into someone else’s hands, then we will likely transfer collected information to them. We will immediately let you know via email of any change of ownership, and new choices that you may have regarding your information.
If we receive a subpoena or court order, then we may be legally required to produce your collected information to the authorities. Your information may also be used in order to defend against legal claims, or used to investigate the matter thoroughly in order to take action in the illegal charges. If the physical safety or well-being of a person is threatened, then we will make sure to investigate thoroughly by using this collected information.
To companies that provide us with services that enhance our business activities, we may provide your personal information with them. They are authorized to use it and are permitted by law so that they can fully provide us with the necessary services.
What choices do you have?
While speaking with RSC or our representatives, or making a request for information, it is up to you what information you want to give us, what questions and information you would like to share, and if you want to receive more information later. It is also up to you how this information will be delivered. It is best to share what is needed and what is appropriate, and nothing more. We will ask for the personally identifiable information we need, and you do not need to provide us with all of the details. We will let you know the information we need in order to provide you with products or services.
Contact us at (866) 872-1888 if you would like to update us about any personally identifiable information changes, if you no longer want to use our services, delete any inaccuracies, or deactivate your account with RSC.
How do we protect your information?
RSC has developed very strong security measures in other to protect your collected information during its transmission and then once it has been received. We use a secure socket layer technology (SSL) in order to encrypt the transfer of your information safely.
Our promise to keep your information safe
RSC also provides a Notice of Privacy Practices to any patient of RSC. Also known as a “HIPAA Notice”, this will describe how your health information is used and disclosed, and how you can find out more. In the Notice, you will be informed of your rights as our patient and our obligations regarding your Personal Health Information (PHI). We encourage you read through the Notice so that you understand the rights you have. Refer to our Notice of Privacy Practices if you are looking for more information on your privacy.
Rapid STD Testing is a division of Rapid Screenings Center. All testing information obtained on your behalf by Rapid Screenings Center is confidential and will not be shared with 3rd parties without your authorization. All testing results will be reviewed by our partner physicians then released for your review. Rapid Screenings Center and its partners are required by law to report positive test results for all communicable diseases. In these cases we only report the minimum amount of information required by law to your local State Department of Health. Rapid Screenings Center will never report any personal information or test results to your health insurance company or any other individuals or entities without your consent. Your personal information is protected under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
We know you may be in a hurry to get your order cancelled, but we need time for processing before that can happen. We will charge 25% of the purchase price as cancellation fee if requested within 21 days. All requests for cancellation after 21 days will be given a credit for future testing.
Testing may be rescheduled up to 30 days after initial set up without incurring any additional fees.
Refunds are handled on case by case situations. We realize that exceptional circumstance can take place with regards to the character of the test we provide.